10 reasons you are in need of a massage therapy
Reasons for undergoing a massage therapy
- Stress relief – Prolonged stress makes it hard for people to control their behavior. Unable to cope up with stress, people often make poor choices like overeating, smoking, and alcohol and drug addiction. Massage therapy reduces the stress in a relaxing and enjoyable fashion.
- Anxiety reduction – People suffering from GAD (general anxiety disorder) overestimate their worries. Therapeutic massages are helpful in reducing anxiety among such patients.
- Reduction of muscle tension – A lot of people suffer from muscle tension. Muscle tension can be restrictive and painful. Massage therapy reduces muscle tension.
- Better sleep – Regular, sufficient sleep is a must to maintain well-being and health. Proper massage induces the body to produce more serotonin. Serotonin not only plays a direct role in inducing sleep but can also be converted into melatonin. Melatonin is the sleep regulator in the human body.
- Relaxation – Massage relaxes the muscles by realigning the superficial muscular tissue properly with the muscle fibers. Massage also induces blood flow in a directed area.
- Relief from depression – Depressed people are generally lonely. Massage provides a relaxing and comforting touch to the people going through a low phase in their lives. A good massage also reduces the niggles and sluggishness in the body.
- Lower blood pressure – Research shows that patients suffering from high blood pressure can lower the blood pressure by undergoing massage therapy on a long-term basis.
- Relief from minor body aches – Massage reduces inflammation in the muscles and induces recovery at the cellular level.
- Relief from digestive disorders – Abdominal massage, if done properly, can help with digestive disorders. It eliminates the general digestive issues like gas, constipation, bloating, and cramping.
- Relief from spasms – A spasm is the involuntary contraction of muscles in a sudden and painful way. The pain can gradually increase if it not resolved in time. Stretching and massage by professionals would be the best way to get rid of the spasms.
Beneficial at every age
Massage therapy is useful for people of any age. In children, it improves their emotional, physical, and phycological state. It is, however, a must for patients like injured athletes. Massage therapy can help professionals confined to their work desk to get rid of any bodily pain. The gentle massages invite the blood to flow in the massaged area. The flow of blood reduces stiffness, flush nodes and swellings to fix the injuries. Similarly, massage therapy is vital for the elderly too. It stimulates their entire body and improves their health and well-being.