3 Physio Stretches To Build A Solid Core
Here are a few core strengthening exercises to get you started:
Performing side planks is nothing but doing your planks sideways as opposed to doing them in the lateral direction. Working on either side of your body, separately, will not only help you identify areas of weakness in your joints and muscles but also help in addressing issues related to chronic pain.
Follow these given steps to get that side plank just right:
- Lie on your side while propping up your elbows and extending your legs at the same time. Make sure your right elbow is bent during this process and placed directly under your shoulder.
- While keeping your hips and feet in line, slowly lift your torso up. If you are a beginner, then place your left hand on your hip. If you’re an advanced exerciser, then extend your left hand straight up.
- Keep your abdominal muscles straight in order to balance your side plank.
- Work with one side at a time. If you are done with the right side, then repeat the same with your left side.
If you have face any difficulty in doing so, try exercise training under the guidance of a licensed physiotherapy expert.
V-sits are considered effective core strengthening exercises that brace the muscles in your abdomen and your oblique. Additionally, they also flex your hip muscles. Follow these steps to get the perfect posture for this type of stretch:
- Lie on your back with your legs extended and arms relaxed on either sides.
- Lift your legs to a forty-five-degree angle by contracting your abdominal muscles. While you are doing this, lift your shoulders off the ground and extend your arms towards the shins.
- Now, hold the ‘V’ shaped position for at least 10 minutes and stretch as far as you can.
- Once done, roll back down on the floor and repeat this exercise 3-4 times.
If you experience pain while performing this stretch, then visit a PT as soon as you can.
Knee Fold Tuck
A knee tuck is a great exercise when it comes to targeting your abs and improving your core strength. For performing this stretch, use a medicine ball. Follow these steps to get the knee fold tuck accurate:
- First, sit straight with your back erect and your knees bent.
- Place the ball between your legs and squeeze it using your knees.
- Lift your knees in a way that your shins are parallel to the ground.
- Bring your knees towards your shoulder and extend your arms straight and stretch as much as you can.
- Once done, bring your knees back to the starting position.
- Repeat the process 10-15 times.
Performing core-strengthening exercises not only fortifies your body but also increases the flexibility in your muscles. To develop an exercise routine ideally suited to your physique, consult our physiotherapy experts today