At an older age, many people are plagued with knee pains which can make life painful. It will hinder a lot of your movement, from sitting to walking. It is an extremely common complaint. Every year around 20 million people visit the clinic with complaints of knee pain. The knee is a joint which helps in the movement of ligaments between the thigh and calves. When a knees pain hits you, you’ll be limping around and often even stretching out your body, can cause throbbing pain. Knees pains can results in a bearable throbbing or your joint muscle getting inflamed.
Here are the four most common reasons why you may be getting that throbbing pain on your knee.
Falling down the stairs, tumbling down a slope, over stretching yourself at an experience and furiously sprinting on the sports field all put your knees at risk. The knee is not a bone which once broken in two, can mend itself together over time. A knee is cartilage joint.
- ACL injury: Anterior Cruciate Ligament is one of the four ligaments that connect your shinbone to your thighbone. This is common injury for sports person.
- Torn Menisus: The meniscus is a tough cartilage that acts as a shock absorber between your shinbone and thigh bone. A tear can occur due to a sudden twist of your knee with excess weight.
- Knee Bursits: At times, knee injuries can result in inflammation which is related to small sacs of fluid which cushion your knee joint.
Your knee in time will be subjected to wear and tear.
- Loose Body: As age causes body degeneration, a piece of the cartilage can break off and float into joint space. This could cause interference with joint movement.
- Iloitibial Band Syndrome: This happens when the ligament which extends from the pelvic bone becomes so tight that it rubs against your femur.
- Hip or Foot Pain: A hip or foot pain changes the way you walk and this will put pressure on your knee joints.
There are many types of arthritis which can affect the knee joint.
- Osteoarthritis: This is the most common arthritis which is a wear and tear on your cartilage. It often occurs with age.
- Gout: Another terrible form of arthritis where there is a build up of uric acid on your knee joint.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is one of the worst forms of arthritis. It affects all joints of your body, including the knee and is chronic disease. It severity can vary from extremely painful to bearable.
This is a degenerative disorder which results in the softening of the knee cartilage. It often occurs to young adults who over use and put too much pressure on their knees. Instead of moving smoothly on the thigh bone, the knee cap rubs against it which roughens and damages the cartilage.
A knees joint can make life quite difficult, but with scientific development, you can go in for a knee replacement operation.