Paediatric Physiotherapy 101
Who Needs this?
Child physiotherapy is primarily recommended for children that have difficulty with mobility. This difficulty in mobility is of such a nature that it affects their day-to-day life. Many even have difficulties in having a normal childhood. Here are the examples of those that might especially need it.
- The children that experience muscle coordination concerns
- Children with muscle Diseases
- Those with orthopaedic disabilities
- The ones that suffer from heart and lung diseases
- Those with birth defects (such as Spina Bifida)
- The children that suffer with Limb deficiencies
- Cerebral Palsy
- The children that have suffered a delay in the development
Mobility, and cognitive and motor development is an essential part of childhood, it is the foundation for a long, healthy and sustainable life. Here are the benefits child physiotherapy provides-
- It helps with repair of soft tissue lesions
- Child physiotherapy helps increase coordination
- It decreases muscle spasm and spasticity
- Helps perform day-to-day activities such as playing and moving about
- Child physiotherapy helps to increase and maintain strength and endurance
- Paediatric physiotherapy helps relieve stress
- It helps prevent contracture and deformity of limbs
- Child physiotherapy helps with long-term mobility
What Happens in Child physiotherapy?
Since the major goal of child physiotherapy is the improvement in mobility and muscular movement, it is natural that the physiotherapy would include physical exercises designed accordingly.
- Activities aimed at improving balancing and coordination
- Activities that encourage leisure and play
- Help with practice of mobility skills and functional development
- Exercises designed in order to facilitate developmental activities such as walking and crawling
- Exercises aimed at gaining strength, endurance and joint mobility
- Aquatic therapy
Paediatric physiotherapy is absolutely crucial if your child is suffering from any of the above conditions or deficiencies. InHome Physical Therapy has always been reliable as they have always displayed their efficiency in dealing with such conditions. The best part about InHome Physical Therapy is that they offer their services in the comfort of your house, and this is exactly what the young children need – comfortable, familiar conditions where they could deal with their disorders in a secure environment. The physical therapy services that InHome Physical Therapy has been trusted by people of all age groups.